TM is for Everyone
Is the idea of learning to meditate a little out of character for you? Is this the first time you’ve considered it? Or have you tried other techniques but weren’t successful using them? Perhaps, you are concerned that learning and meditating will be difficult.
We have good news! The TM technique is for you!
- This technique is simple and easy to learn.
- Once learned, the procedure is effortless–even young hyperactive children take to TM like fish to water.
- Our certified TM teachers are highly trained, experienced, and are available to answer any questions you might have.
- In TM, we don’t control our mind or try to stop thoughts or monitor them.
- In TM, there is no concentration, no philosophy, no change of lifestyle and no belief involved.
- More than 380 published peer-reviewed scientific studies have verified the benefits of the Transcendental Meditation program.
Transcendental Meditation Wasn’t What I Expected
(Excerpted from a post on our blog)
“When I was 19, a woman in my circle of friends learned the Transcendental Meditation technique. She loved it and was immediately consumed with the desire to tell us all about it and get us to learn too. I was curious, but I have to admit that I was also a little nervous about it. What little I’d heard about meditation, it seemed like something for monks. It might be something religious. I wondered if, during TM, I would see God (and I wasn’t convinced there was one) and was I ready for that? And would I even be able to meditate successfully?
I threw my caution to the wind and signed up for the course. I sat comfortably and listened to simple step by step instructions from a teacher, one on one. Within minutes during my instruction, I felt the weight of the world lift from my shoulders. I felt relaxation so deep that I was almost immobile. After, I was so refreshed that it was as if my life and the world were all new and shiny.”
VIDEO Introductory presentation on the principles of the Transcendental Meditation program (29:53)
Compare meditation techniques
This simple, natural meditation has been rigorously studied by science and has been found to produce a unique style of brain functioning and deep relaxation not found in other practices. For a comparison of the Transcendental Meditation program with Mindfulness, Zen, Guided Meditation and others practices, please click here.
Due to the non-profit nature of the TM Program, anyone who wants to learn should be able to learn. If you or someone you know has difficulty paying the course fee, grants and payment plans may be available. Please inquire with your local certified TM instructor.
Find a Certified Teacher:
Certified Teachers of the Transcendental Meditation technique offer TM courses in many cities around the world. To attend a free introductory lecture, contact us.